Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Credit Limit Increase: American Express Costco TrueEarnings 1

Summer is here, and my family wants to travel. Since American Express Costco TrueEarnings offers 2% cash back on airlines, hotels, rentals, etc., I thought I could use the credit card to book something.

My father and brother decided to go to Netherlands for a few weeks and the tickets we were looking at were pricey! It was over my original credit limit of $2,000, so I decided to call Customer Service and request a credit limit increase (CLI).

A friendly representative answered my called, and I inquired about a CLI. I explained to her my situation, and she understood completely. Without asking me for any other questions about income or employment, she doubled my credit limit just like that! In addition, I asked if there was hard pull on my credit, and she said no! Awesome!

American Express truly does have the best customer service of all the banks I have dealt with! I am a customer for life!


Details
Bank: American Express
Type: Costco TrueEarnings
Credit limit: $2,000 $4,000
APR: 0% for 6 months; 15.24% thereafter
Annual fee: none as long as you're a Costco member
Benefits:
   •   3% cash back on gas and restaurants (up to $3,000 per year, then 1%)
   •   2% cash back on travel, hotel, and car rentals
   •   1% cash back on any other purchases
   •   Awesome customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment